It’s always a nice idea to give your brain some rest, after spending a very stressed out day. Sleeping helps in rejuvenating the mind and also helps in improving activeness of the body. During sleep, the brain releases various toxic protein by-products, which are obtained due to neural activities. Not sleeping makes the brain not eliminate these wastes, thus impairing your thinking capabilities, creativity and problem-solving skills. This is an issue that no caffeine can sort it out. Therefore, following are some of the reasons why sleep deprivation is killing your finance.
Nine Reasons Why Sleep Deprivation Actually Occurs
- Working Late : This is the most important reason for sleep deprivation takes place. Working late at night gives you less time to sleep, and thus without much rest, you will not have enough energy to continue the next day.
- Caffeine During Afternoon : It has been found that drinking caffeine after 3 PM, really can mess up the patterns of sleep. So, it’s better to cut off or avoid caffeine in the afternoon.
- Too Much Time Before Screens : Whether it’s a monitor, or laptop or smartphone screen – spending too much time before it can really harm you. The blue light that comes off them, decreases melatonin, which is the hormone that helps to fall asleep.
- Always Working In Artificial Lighting : Natural lighting is very much important for the production of melatonin, thus helps in sleeping.
- Showing Off An Excuse For Productivity : If you’re really bragging about your sleep deprivation because of how much productive you are, then you’ll be proved long afterwards. The long-term negative effects it can have on your health, mood and work life would be just huge.
- More Worrying : If you’re worrying more about your job or family or both, then it is the direct reason for all the sleep deprivation.
- Too Much Watching TV : Watching too much fictional shows and spending late nights before the television, really can impair your sleeping patterns.
- Not Building Good Healthy Habits : Good habits like eating good fresh food, eating at the right time, keeping yourself clean and hygienic by wearing clean tops and bottoms before going to sleep – really helps in a good sleep.
- Going To Sleep When Your Body Doesn’t Want To : Sleep is not a thing that you can force to happen. It happens naturally. So, trying to sleep in odd hours, can also lead to sleep deprivation.